If you love DIY, can fit a kitchen and bathroom and love the idea of riding around London on a motorcycle or pushbike solving problems this just may be the best job in the world! We know a good handyman is a natural problem solver with the technical knowledge, skills and experience to charge for their services. Add excellent communication skills and a can do attitude and you have a Silver Saints professional London Handyman. We need additional handymen to meet growing demand and we are always recruiting talented and dynamic individuals to become our latest London Handyman.
Check out our Recruitment YouTube Video - https://youtu.be/O9babCbg8oI
You got what it takes to be a Saint? - APPLY NOW
There are 2 categories of people we are looking for:
The first is the person looking for a career change. It doesn't matter what their career to date has been so long as it shows solid professional performance and an ability to communicate effectively. The key thing is that they should be DIY enthusiasts with a desire to turn their interest into a profession. By enthusiast, we mean someone who has taken DIY beyond the level of the average B&Q customer. Hanging shelves and fitting laminate flooring is not enough. We want people who have really challenged themselves at DIY. Someone who can fit a whole kitchen or bathroom by themselves, for example. Someone who can use advanced tools such as a router. Someone willing to fit a shower pump.
The second category is someone who has already set up in business as a multi-trade person (or handyman or general builder) and who can demonstrate that they can undertake the full range of tasks that any home-owner might call upon
them to perform. The reason they would want to join us is because they find the non-trade aspects of being a sole trader rather challenging or unappealing. That is, the marketing, the scheduling, credit control and administration.
Those are the things that Silver Saints takes care of, leaving the handyman to focus on trade performance.
Here are the attributes we are looking for:
- An excellent problem solver?
- A person who remains calm, cool and in control under pressure?
- A background in doing DIY, property renovations, plumbing and electrics.
- Confident in your own abilities to work stuff out.
- Take pride in doing everything you do to the highest standard.
- A good communicator, who understands the importance of customer service.
- Loves the idea of traveling around London on four or two wheels (motorised or pedal power) undertaking a wide range of maintenance repairs and odd jobs.
This is what a Silver Saint offers:
- We want the best so we pay the most. Our handymen earn £40K-£50K a year.
- You get full operational support and daily schedule management.
- We find the jobs, manage your schedule, deal with all the invoicing and credit control. So you can concentrate on doing a great job.
- You retain the freedom of your own tax and equipment affairs through our Self-employment model.